Monday, July 29, 2013

Preschool Graduation

Kent officially finished his first year of preschool in May.  We have been so pleased with his preschool and how much he has learned.  They tend to put a little more emphasis on reading and writing than other schools, which I like.  We are sad that he won't get to attend this preschool next year (we are moving) because 95% of the kids that go to the school two years in a row can read by the time they go to kindergarten.  We are also sad because the price of preschool in Washington is at least double what we paid here.  At the end of the year they have a graduation for all the classes in North Ogden and also the classes from the school in Tremonton.  I had no idea how big the graduation was going to be until I walked in the gym 30 minutes early and the bleachers were almost full.  There were so many people there, lots of the kids had extended family attending too.  Poor Kent only had Addy and me (Ammon was on TDY) and my mom's cousin Wendee who was so nice to come and help with Addy so I could take pictures.  I thought it was funny that more people attended Kent's preschool graduation then attended the high school graduation of Ammon's brother James in Rosalia.  


Since we now live in the digital age, I took a picture of all his art work before it went in the trash.  Does that make me a bad mom?


Performing the songs.


One happy graduate.  

2 comments:

Brett and Rachel said...

Way to go Kent! (I also took pictures of Cade's art and threw it away, so I don't think you're a bad mom - just a space-saver!) P.S. look like next time you're up here, Ammon and I should have a good ol' game of Pictionary!

The Udy Bunch said...

Hopefully Lance and I will be headed your way (Western Washington) for his fellowship!