Monday, July 8, 2013

Easter Weekend

On our way to Disneyland (in a future post) we got to spend a few days in St. George with Ammon's parents.  It just so happened that that weekend was Easter and that Ammon's sister and kids from St. George were there too.  We had so much fun, besides the kids and I getting the flu that I reported on a while back.  Here is the photo diary of what we did...brace yourself, we can pack a lot of stuff into only a few days.


There is a family that leases land on the Pendleton Plantation for horses, pigs, chickens, goats, etc.  They also have a few dogs that run around.  Addy didn't hesitate to sit herself down and make friends.  


We let the kids play in irrigation water.  I was a little concerned (coming from Pullman we never played in irrigation water), but my grandpa said it was all he used to play in as a kid and it didn't kill him.


After swimming at the Washington City Recreation Center we all tried our hands at the climbing wall.  


Kent even got in on the action.


Rock climbing is what Ammon and I did on our first date and I can say that 5 years later I am significantly less fit then I was when we were dating.


The Easter Bunny came.


We went to the Ivins Easter egg hunt.


While Addy was a liesure hunter, 


Kent clearly dominated.


They also had an adult hunt that Ammon and his sister participated in.  It was hilarious!


Grandpa Mills in his element teaching the grandkids to fish.


Great-grandpa Pendleton being a trooper while Grayson contemplates pushing him in.


And of course, a trip to Pendleton Park, where the kids love the tire swings.


Thanks for a fun few days.

1 comment:

Phill and Jessica said...

I've never seen tires swings like those! Awesome!