Saturday, January 19, 2013

Utah State Fair

In September the kids and I took a trip down to Salt Lake to meet up with my friends, Jessica and Jamie, and their kids to go to the Utah State Fair.  My favorite part of the fair was the Little Hands exhibit put on by the Utah FFA students, all of which were great with the kids.  The kids each got an apron and a bucket and then proceeded to walk through the exhibit doing farm chores and gathering stuff for their bucket, such as...
  

 Milking the cow,


planting seeds,

 

harvesting their crop,


driving tractors,


taking care of the animals,


and gathering eggs.

In the end they then had to take everything they put in their basket; milk, eggs, produce, etc. and deposit them in order to get paid.  They each got a dollar that they could use at the local market.  


Here is Kent shopping for fruit snacks.


Paying the lady with his dollar from all his hard work.

 

Addy doing what I would most likely do on a farm, sit and watch.


Cohen and Kent were amused with the hot tub exhibit.  I am pretty sure each of them contemplated jumping in.


Addy liked the goats until...


they bleeted at her.  

 

This is seriously how Kent made his way through the animal barns.  No exaggeration, he held his nose the WHOLE time.


I convinced my friend Jessica to take Kent on this big slide, she was a trooper. 

1 comment: