Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Trip to Washington

After graduation my parents let the kids and I ride up with them to Washington.  Ammon was leaving on a business trip for a few weeks, so it was perfect timing.  The kids actually did pretty good for the most part.  We were able to stop for lunch in Missoula with our good friend Alison, and then stop again for a quick walk through Costco in Coeur d' Alene.  With those two stops the kids survived the trip and somewhat renewed my faith in long car trips with kids (although I still like to avoid them if at all possible).  While home I think we did just about everything there is to do on the Palouse, minus the science center and library.  It really is fun to be home, I get to see my cousins, the kids get to play with theirs, my parents treat us so well, Rachel and Brett are good to put up with my "go-all-the-time" lifestyle, and I get to sleep with my dog. 

  

The boys resurrected Lance's skateboard.  They scooted back and forth on the deck for quite some time.


Brett, Lance and Robin biked the boys down to Baskin-Robbins for dollar scoop night.  The rest of us parked at Cougar Country and walked the trail there.  Props to Brett for biking 60ish pounds to and from. That's not an easy feat on the hills of Pullman.



Of course baths were always in order after a full day of play.  I was forever wet on nights like these.  No amount of pleading would help the kids keep the water in the tub, and the boys were far worse than the girls.


We pulled out Grandma's pool and enjoyed it for hours on end.  We first started jumping by using the lawn chairs as diving boards, and then finally put the climbing structure's slide in and created our own water slide.  


Addy prefered the view from Grandma's lap.


What cute boys.  I love how tan Kent is.


The slide was a hit!

 

Addy decided she wanted in the pool, but of course on the day with no swimsuit or swim diaper.  


We went bowling.


Pure enjoyment!


Not so much enjoyment was had by these two because we strapped them in the highchairs while we all bowled.


Sometimes waiting for your turn can be long, boring, and hard.


Grandpa took pity on Addy and let her out of her chair.


 Brett was extremely proud of his score, 200, and the 4 strikes he bowled in a row.  I hate when he does better than me.  He always seems to be the one who gets hole-in-one's while mini-golfing too.

  

This could perhaps be the reason Brett's name has been changed to "HR" in the photo above.

 

Cuddles with Uncle Brett


Feeding the ducks.

 

Catching some rays at the Moscow Aquatic Center.


Good thing we had my cousins to help chase after the kids.

No comments: