Friday, January 4, 2013

A Trip to Logan

I hadn't been up to Logan since 2008, when I made a quick trip to campus for a signature.  I loved Logan while I was going to school, even with the freezing cold temperatures.  I have always wanted to go back and visit my old stomping grounds, but we have never made it back up that way.  Which is really pathetic considering it is a measly 45 minute drive.  Our good friends, the Crosbys, love Logan, and have spent some time there living and going to school.  We decided to head up with them one evening, at the end of June, just to get out of Ogden.  It was a much needed trip, and we packed as much into the afternoon/evening as we could. 


We visited Willow Park Zoo, which was actually really fun.  It however was really HOT and the kids and us tired easily.  Although there was plenty of animals to view, we got a kick out of Kent's crack as he rode around on Ammon's back.  After the zoo we hit up Cafe Sabor for a little dinner.  I loved to eat at Cafe Sabor when in college and was glad to take Ammon back for a taste. 


After dinner we went up to First Dam to get our feet wet.  In the whole 4 years I went to school in Logan I never once visited First Dam, but I did visit Second Dam a lot.


Playing on the rocks.


This is how AddiLynn started at the dam...


this is how she finished.


Good thing we had extra clothes in the car.


After the dam we went to the castle park that they put in after I had left Logan.  It was located, however, right outside the old school building that I took tap lessons in while in school.  This is the place that we first learned Addy could climb a step.  This is also the place we learned that we needed to be more specific with Kent when teaching him it is okay to pee outside.  He informed us he had to go potty and before we could find a tree, out of view of everyone, for him to pee on, he dropped his drawers and started peeing on the tire of our car, which so happened to splash on my foot.  

A good time was had by all, but we were all really worn out by the time we left.  The only problem with the evening is that Ammon failed to see how wonderful Logan really is.  Unfortunately, he is a city boy, who will only live in a small town again if that small town is called Pullman.  I plan on visiting Logan at least one more time before we leave Utah, and this time I hope to travel north of 400 N. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You better plan on visiting more than at least one time!!!