Wednesday, January 9, 2013

North Shore Aquatic Center

This summer I got a pass to the pool that is about two blocks away from us, it was perhaps one of the best purchases I have made since being here.  The kids absolutely loved the pool, and over the course of the summer Kent became a swimming king, with a life jacket of course, which I purchased as a precaution because watching Addy and him at the same time sometimes proved to be difficult.  I realized after a few weeks of trying to tackle the lazy river while holding both of them, that my life would be more enjoyable if Kent could just float everywhere.  We tried to make it to the pool at least twice a week, and sometimes even were able to have Ammon join us after he got off work or on a Saturday or two. We were lucky that my friend Amanda and her kids joined us most days.  It really made the pool more enjoyable to have some adult interaction involved.  I wish I had more pictures of all the fun we had, but sometimes we were just having too much fun to pull out the camera.


Kent is a lot like Ammon, he gets cold pretty easily.  We always camped out close to the kiddy pool, so I could keep an eye on him while he warmed up on his towel.


Sometimes pool time and nap time overlapped and the little girls took a cat nap in the stroller.


By far Kent's favorite part of the pool was the big water slide.  He would ask to go on it over and over.  I like that at this pool they allow the little kids to ride with an adult. 


We tried Addy on the froggy slide once and she hated it.  Hopefully this coming summer she will like it a little more.


During the last session of the summer we put Kent in swimming lessons.  He passed the level and we will probably enroll him again this coming summer.


One sleepy girl!

No comments: