Sunday, January 13, 2013

From Balance Bike to a Two-Wheeler

In September I purchased a two-wheeler bike at DI for $4. You just can't pass up a good deal like that. I had no intention of Kent using it until this next summer, but one Sunday we were home with nothing to do, so we thought we would give it a try. The past Christmas we bought Kent a balance bike which he finally mastered, so we thought we had nothing to lose.  Balance bikes are supposed to make riding a two-wheeler much easier than if you use training wheels and we must say that we completely agree.  It took about 15 minutes and our son was riding unassisted.  Being able to stop, start, and steer efficiently came in the week that followed. Now he is cruising around like it's nothing.  He loves to ride his bike and we are all kind of bummed its too cold to be outside riding anymore.  Here is a little video of his skills on that first night.  Don't mind me in the video, Ammon said that if I stayed really close behind and encouraged him to keep peddling he would think I was still holding on, I had no idea I would look as silly as I did.   

1 comment:

miriam said...

way to go Kent! that's awesome!