Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kickin' Around

In the fall we put Kent in a little soccer camp for kids his age.  It was once a week for 6 weeks.  He has always loved to kick a ball around the house and outside so I thought it would be perfect.  Well turns out he doesn't like to kick a ball around in an organized manner.  They had a bunch of games for the kids to play to learn how to dribble the soccer ball and other skills.  The rest of the kids really seemed to enjoy it, except Kent.  Most of the time he would sit up on the track that went around the field.  He always wanted to sit and play with Addy, but I wouldn't let him.  I gave him the choice of sitting on the track by himself or playing soccer with his friends.  I know, I am a mean mom.  We also had to stay the whole time, which means I had to sit and watch other people's kids play soccer for 30 minutes a week, he would play for the first 15 or so,  just to teach Kent a lesson.   I don't think we will be trying soccer for a while, although I am not deterred from having him try another sport, perhaps we will try t-ball in the spring, that's more up my alley anyway. 



If you look closely you will see a rare smile.


This is how I knew his time was almost up.


All the kids and the coaches (all the way from England).

No comments: