Sunday, June 6, 2010

A "Finn" Distraction

Little did we know, but the furnished basement we are renting also came with a dog. The best kind of dog to have, one that neither has to be walked or poop picked up by us. It is great, Kent still gets to be around a dog and we have little to no responsibility. His name is Finn, he is a wirehaired griffin. He is still less than a year old, or in other words still a puppy. He LOVES to jump up on people as the many scraps to Kent's head can attest, needless to say we now enter through the house instead of the backyard. Regardless of his jumpiness he is rather nice to have around, take the following picture for example...

The other day I went shopping, or I guess that is something I do 4 out of 5 days of the week while Ammon is gone. However, to anyone but Ammon that is besides the point. I came home with a trunk full of groceries that needed to be taken inside. I had two options, take Kent in and leave him in the house while I unloaded the car which would result in an all out fit or leave Finn babysitting in the garage. I chose the later. I handed Kent a treat, sat him in front of Finn's kennel and went to town taking the groceries in. The two of them bonded quite nicely. Finn would never bite Kent's hands, but never hesitates to lick him, which leads me to the next picture...

The curl on top of Kent's head, you have to look closely, is courtesy of Finn. After a big drink of water Finn came over, sopping wet of course, and licked Kent right up side the head. Kent had drool dripping down between his eyes. After everything dried up a bit we noticed the little curl that was left, who know dog drool was really the best hair gel!

No comments: