Monday, February 25, 2013

What We Did While Ammon Was Gone

Like I said in the previous post, Ammon was gone for a lot of the month of October.  Therefore, when Kent had fall break at preschool, the kids and I skipped town to take refuge at my grandparent's house in St. George.  They were so kind to take us in for a few days, feed us, entertain us, etc.  My amazingly kind grandpa even went above and beyond by replacing my car battery and taking Kent and I to the emergency room when said car battery died.  I have never driven that far by myself before, let alone with two kids, but we managed beautifully.  I don't think I will be making long trips with the kids without Ammon very frequently, but at least I proved to myself that I could do it. 


My car was filthy inside, so I used some of my time to clean it out while the kids played in and around the car.  There was a lot of goldfish back there.


Kent developed a case of croup, something he gets about twice a year, while we were down there.  This case was just bad enough that he needed a breathing treatment in the middle of the night.  When I went out to the car to take him, my car battery had died, so my poor grandpa had to get dressed and drive us there (which is a 30 minute drive in and of itself).  Then he sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half while they checked Kent out.  Now let's give credit to my grandmother who stayed home with a screaming Addy who was awaken abruptly by her croupy brother, she isn't the easiest to deal with when she is crying.  


My grandparent's friend has spent hours making a train track in his back yard and allowed us to come check it out.  Kent just sat there and watched it go around and around.  I think he now has two trains working.  


Addy took a specific interest in walking while we were there.  This was her brother so kindly helping her.


We also took a quick trip to Vegas for one night to visit my uncle.  This is how Kent entertained himself for part of the 2 hour drive that turned into 3 1/2 hours.


Addy and my Aunt Shannon playing the piano when in Vegas.


I love this picture of Kent making himself comfortable on the way home.  

2 comments:

Rachael said...

What sweet grandparents.

Phill and Jessica said...

That train track is perhaps the coolest thing I've ever seen! I had to send that picture to my dad and honestly, wouldn't be surprised if he tried this out in the backyard...