Thursday, February 21, 2013

Reincarnated Computer/Fall Camping

I was right in the middle of a huge blog catch-up when my computer met its demise.  One should not use her computer to entertain herself in the same room as her kids are taking a bath.  Luckily all that doesn't work is the bottom row of the keyboard, but nonetheless it has be repurposed as a "server" thanks to Ammon and his hopes and aspirations for our home network.  However, all my pictures are still on my old computer so I have had to learn how to do screen sharing, etc. in order to import them into posts.  It is a pain in the butt, but Ammon refuses to put iPhoto back on his computer until they release the next version which was supposed (those who follow apple supposable can predict updates and such) to be released already.  So who knows.  But without further ado, fall camping!

This may just be the new way I camp.  Our friends the Crosbys were going camping with her parents who have a trailer and invited us to go with them.  Because I was lazy and didn't want to pack anything, we just went up for the afternoon, played, ate dinner, then drove home to sleep in our own beds.  It was marvelous.  We just went up Sardine Canyon to Mantua. 


The kids collected sticks...



and discovered the joys of climbing trees.


They got to ride bikes and


in a canoe. This is how they transported the canoe down to the lake, Abby and Kent were more than happy to be passengers.



Peter and Ammon took the Abby and Kent out in the canoe.


Abby and Kent also went exploring with backpacks to collect treasures in.  They are too cute together. We ended up with a lot of sticks, rocks, and flowers/weeds.



Here is proof that Maddy and Addy were there too!

2 comments:

Phill and Jessica said...

When I first read this I thought it said Addy and Kent were riding in the canoe rather than Abby and Kent. I was looking at the pic thinking, "Holy crap, Addy looks so big!" This is what I get for speed reading. ;)

Brett and Rachel said...

Love those two!