Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dear Dad, (#1)

We are now half way through your 12 day absence and I thought I would let you know what Mom and I have been up to, besides watching episode after episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse that is. As you know we of course spent the first few days up in Rexburg with Uncle Lance and Aunt Robin. The air conditioner was broken and it was very hot, although Mom complained a lot she somehow survived. On Sunday night we went to Uncle Jared and Aunt Jo's for dinner. Look what I got to do...


Uncle Jared took me for a ride on Aunt Jo's scooter or as I call it a "motorcycle". I wouldn't mind if you bought me one of those.

On Monday we went to the zoo in Idaho Falls. Here is my photo journal from there:


We started by feeding the ducks. All sorts of ducks were there, not just the common Mallards.


Then we got to feed and pet the goats. Man were they hungry.


I saw chickens.


Uncle Lance and I pretended we were chickens.


I decided I would pretend I was a monkey too. Uncle Lance had a hard time prying me off the fence.


We also visited Africa, I don't think I want to live there.


But I could get used to riding tigers around.

On Tuesday Mom and Uncle Lance took me to the coolest splash pad, much better than the one in Riverdale and South Ogden. This one had slides and you know I love a good slide.

Even though the water was cold, I went again and again. One time I even went on my belly and got a face full of water.

There was also a carnival going on in the park for the kids getting ready to go back to school. Uncle Lance and I got to play a few games.


I golfed. After a while I got frustrated that the noodle they gave me was not as sufficient as the clubs I have at home, so I decided I would just throw the balls through the holes. It worked a lot better.


I also got to make big bubbles with Mom.


And eat the popcorn the police department was giving away. This little puppy wanted to share with me.

Uncle Lance and I also ran through the firetrucks hose and went swinging on the swings. All in all it was a good and busy day. I was so hungry that during dinner at the restaurant I tried crayon. I don't suggest it, especially the red one. Wednesday was our last day there and we went bowling for my first time. Believe it or not I won. Mom was not to happy that baby sister was throwing off her balance, or at least that is what she claimed, I think she and Uncle Lance have just lost their game.


We have to get me a pair of those bowling shoes.


Just to prove I am not lying.

That afternoon we went back to the splash pad with Aunt Jo and Cousin Hattie.


Uncle Lance took me on the carousel there. When it stopped I said, "What's happening?"


I also felt the need to embarrass Mom and run around with my bucket on my head.

On Thursday Mom and I drove home. It is really hot in Ogden, almost 100 since we have been home. Mom says it is too hot to go outside so we stay inside and play. She built Puppy this...


and I through a fit because Puppy doesn't belong in a dog house. Mom thought she was pretty creative though.

We love and miss you Dad, please come home soon to play with me.

Love, Kent

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Looks like lots of fun! I hope Ammon gets to come home soon! Let me know if you need anything! (and yes..it is SO HOT HERE!)

Brett and Rachel said...

Oh Kent Pants - looks like your weekend was more packed than our whole summer! Lots of fun pictures. Can't wait to see you! Love, Cade