Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"This is the way we wash our feet in the swimming pool."

Since the beginning of September Kent and I have been taking a parent/child swimming class with Rachel, Brett (when he is in town) and Cade. We start in the really shallow water singing songs and playing and then move into the deeper water to work on laying on back, kicking, paddling, jumping off the edge, etc. At first Kent loved it, but for the last few weeks he has not been so sure when we move to the deeper water. Regardless, I still take him, make him stay in the pool for the whole 30 minutes, and pass him off to the teacher, even if he cries, so she can put him underwater. I know that may sound mean, but I think it is never to early to teach him not to quit when the going gets tough, or something of the sort. Maybe I do it in hopes that he will love the water as much as his mom.


The teacher has us count to three before we let them jump off the edge. I hold up my fingers while I count, he just holds up one finger the whole time.


Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on his back



Ring Around the Rosie


Dunking Mom


Learning how to blow bubbles, he still can't do it.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so fun! Noah didn't love swimming lessons until it was over. He speaks really fondly of it now..

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

What a fun thing to do. I wish my siblings were up for the same things with their kids. Oh wait they don't have kids my age, but some of them will soon!!! I love it. I do love to see Kent, wish I could see him in Nursery soon. I guess that's that bad part about moving away!! I love that he was trying to dunk you too!!

Kate Clayton said...

The second I read your title it brought fond memories from our swimming class. Max and I need to do it again. When do you guys go?

Brett and Rachel said...

It will al be worth it when they both know how to swim (let's hope)!