Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Finances

About once a month, Ammon would prefer twice a month, I take all our receipts from that month and enter them into our account on mint.com.  This is always one of my least favorite times of the month because 1) its a very tedious job and 2) I have to face the fact that I spent more than I probably should have.  But Ammon loves that we do this, and he has probably saved us a lot of money insisting that we continue this practice.  We have done it all 5 years of our marriage and I can't help but shudder at the thought of the years to come.  Now you may ask why it is me that enters them on to mint.com and that is because the only receipt Ammon contributes is his gas receipt.  Everything else that is purchased within the month comes from me.  So when I pull out a Target receipt, I am the only one that can determine what goes towards our grocery budget, what is categorized as kids' expenses, or clothing expenses, or home, etc.  Now just for documentation purposes this is what my kitchen table looks like while I am doing this...


and my floor looks like when I am done.  That is Ammon and Kent's responsibility to clean up and shred.


When all is said and done a feel such a sense of relief that it is all over and then I just tell myself I will do better next month.

2 comments:

Phill and Jessica said...

You're a good woman.

Brett and Rachel said...

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with your Duplo creations or your diligence in finances, but either way, I'm impressed! I now dub you Mom of the Year.