Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Two-Month Old

Well our little girl turned two-months old this past week. At her two-month well child visit she weighed 9 lbs 8 oz. We have a tiny one on our hands. However, she is going up in percentile, so that is good. She is still a little colicy, but we are managing. The doctor said she should outgrow it in the next month; I am not holding my breath. I swear Kent's colic lasted 6 months. She is currently eating the second most expensive formula on the market and I hope her expensive tastes don't follow her into her teenage years. We have been fortunate the the doctor's office has given us about $125 worth of formula for free, and they said the Enfamil rep will start delivering samples of Nutramigen to our door, gotta love that. At the first of the year our insurance will change and we hope we can get some of the cost covered by them.

More importantly, Addy is smiling like crazy and loves to talk to us (when she isn't fussy or sleeping of course). Recently our 5 o'clock feedings consist of 3 oz of formula then 45 minutes of bonding time between her and me. At first I would get irritated she wouldn't go back to sleep, but when that didn't get me anywhere, I started to simply enjoy the time with her. One day I will wish she talked to me more, so I should relish the conversations she has with me now. Speaking of feedings, she still wakes up 2-3 times a night, depending on when we go to bed. She normally eats about 11ish, then again at 2ish, and then again at 5ish. During the day it is worse, she gets hungry every 2 hours. I do my best to hold her off for 2 1/2 hours, but by that time she is pretty angry. I am just hopeful one day she will be eating every 3-4 hours. We love AddiLynn and can't imagine our family without her. Here is a picture we took on November 20th, he two month birthday!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute!!!! Oh that formula is expensive!!! Alexis had to try that because she is severely lactose intolerant but it actually made her sick at the end of each day so she took the sensitive..it worked WONDERS!!! Good luck!!! She's a doll LeAnn!!!