Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hoppy Easter!

Easter weekend ended up being different than what we expected. Lance was coming down from Rexburg and I was excited to take Kent to his first Easter egg hunt and then take Lance to Boondocks to play. Little did we know my appendix had other plans. Although I didn't get to do any of the planned activities, we did get to have my mom here for Easter which was a pleasant surprise. Ammon and Lance took Kent to the Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning, while Mom stayed home to help me out. Since they knew he would be slower than the other kids, they ran him to the end of the field to pick up eggs before the other kids got there. Little did they know the 8 or so eggs they collected each had a coupon for a free kid's meal at Sizzler. We had a pretty good laugh about that. Kent did score some fruit snacks, so he was happy.

On Sunday, we did get out of the house for a few hours to partake of Easter dinner with my great-aunt's family. We hope you all had a great Easter and were able to reflect on the reason in which we celebrate.


Yes I did wake Ammon up to take Kent to the Easter egg hunt (notice the hair).


Showing Uncle Lance his egg


With his basket


A common thing Easter weekend was waking Ammon and Lance up. They stayed up playing a game called Portal till the wee hours of the morning. I refused to let Kent suffer because they played. This picture says it all, "Uncle Lance, open your eyes, this is exciting!"


Kent loved the gold wrapping on the Rolos.


Beginning of checking out his Easter basket.

The aftermath of checking everything out.

2 comments:

Brett and Rachel said...

Silly Kent Pants! We love him and miss him! Looks like you guys had fun despite the chance of plans! Hopefully the boys can have a hunt together next year!

Kasey said...

Haha!! He is so cute LeAnn!! I'm glad he got to enjoy Easter even though Mama wasn't feeling well!! And PS..I'm totally the same way with waking up Cory if need be! :D