Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cinder-fella

We have had Kent's sippy cups for quite a while and the valves are getting weak, meaning that they tend to leak a little more, okay a lot more. Kent has figured out if he shakes it really hard it will shower the floor, his high chair, the couch, or him with milk or juice. The other day he covered part of the kitchen floor in drops of apple juice. I proceeded to hand him a a paper towel to clean up his mess, I couldn't help but think he looked like a male version of Cinderella on his hands and knees cleaning the floor. Which of course I could get used to in the future when he does a good enough job that I don't have to go over it again.



It wasn't quite the punishment I was hoping for because he was enjoying himself the entire time, we will have to work on that. The moral of the story is to just buy new sippy cups even though they cost a small fortune.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Our kids used to love to shake milk out of their sippys. It made me so mad! Good job having Kent clean it up :)

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Kherrington does the same thing. And now she'll grab the towels in the kitchen to clean-up all sorts of things. Love it

Kasey said...

Oh yes ours figured that out too! Haha..And I love that he's smiling about it! Taya colored on the wall once so I handed her something to clean it up with and went to use the bathroom. When I returned all four of the kids were coloring on the table (luckily it is tiles and washes SUPER easy). I said, "WHAT are you doing?!?!" Gage looked up and said, "Well Mom, we just wanted to clean!" I guess we'd all better take advantage of it while they LOVE doing it eh! :)