Sunday, February 27, 2011

End of my blogging hiatus

Surely there would be a good reason for my lack of blogging the last few weeks, or a bad reason depending on how you look at it. I have been suffering from what some call morning sickness, but for some reason when I catch it, it is more like 24/7 sickness. Yes, baby #2 is on its way. I was hoping this pregnancy would be so much better than the first, but so far I am 0/2 on easy pregnancies and if I have anything to do with it I don't ever want to risk being 0/3. For about three weeks I have had continual nausea, and for the last two weeks have had trouble keeping food down. I called and requested a prescription of Zofran before my first appointment with the OBGYN and they gladly gave it to me after seeing my history. Bad news is that the Zofran isn't working, no matter how many mg I take however close together. Perhaps it is because it comes right back up after it goes down. We finally had to take me in for some IV therapy (something I had hoped to avoid this time around) this past week. We should have gone to the ER the night before, but wanting to save some money opted to wait it out until the next day when we could go into the office. After two nurses, three tries, one vein infiltrated, three hours, and two liters of fluid we were back at home. It looks as if this might be a weekly occurrence until the morning sickness is gone. The one silver lining to the past few weeks is that Ammon had yet to start work (a story for another time, he starts tomorrow). Ammon has done an amazing job taking care of Kent, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, grocery shopping, etc. Since I pretty much lay in bed all day he has picked up the slack beautifully. What a blessing it has been to have him home. As for the weeks to come, wish us luck, I have a feeling Kent and I will be spending a lot of time watching old Mickey Mouse cartoons on YouTube in bed. When I get enough energy I will scan in the current photo of baby #2.

8 comments:

Marilou said...

I'm so sorry! I don't have it that bad, but my kids have been watching a whole lot more tv than usual lately. I hope you feel better soon! When are you due?

Rachael said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Sorry about the sickness. That totally sucks. I'm sure it'll all be worth it :)

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

So sorry about the morning sickness...I sort of understand now what you're going through. I know in Pullman with pregnant women that are difficult to start IV they put in a PICC line, it just stays in until you're finished.(Its a line that usually goes in around your elbow area and then the line it threaded up just about to the heart so no infiltrated IVs) It'd probably be a little costly, but over the length of you pregnancy and not having to be poked it maybe worth it.
I hope you get feeling better though. I can't believe that we're having our kids at the same time!!

Erin said...

I hope you feel better soon!

miriam said...

Oh LeAnn! No! I was so hoping you were having an easier time this pregnancy. Good luck with Ammon back at work.

LWinder said...

I was wondering if you would be having another one close to Brett and Rachel. Sorry to read that you're feeling so awful again. I haven't sat to read blogs for awhile- so congrats on getting Kent to sleep in his own bed. We were finally successful with Bennett, too! And then, he got a cold and has reverted back...oh well. Oh, and your pictures of your home are so cute! Please tell me when you're due!

Kasey said...

Oh yuck!!! I HOPE it gets better for you! If you need some rest PLEASE feel free to call me 208-881-3362 and I'd gladly take Kent for a play date so you can rest!!!

Krista said...

I always thought that Zofran in the IV worked better than the pills. If the pills aren't working and you stay sick, there is another drug that is even better than Zofran, but they only give it in IV form. I got it once when I was 7 months pregnant. I had got some bug from my nephew and was puking constantly for 8 or 9 hours. After I got the IV and the drugs I was just fine. I have heard of people getting this drug through some continuous drip IV thing that they attach to your body for your pregnancy.

I really hope you start to feel better! Being pregnant sucks, but the baby you get in the end is always wonderful!