Sunday, August 29, 2010

Amongst the wheat...

there are lentils. Some of you might be aware that the Palouse is the lentil capital of the world. This kind of accomplishment calls for celebration, therefore Pullman throws a huge party one weekend in August every year. Friday night includes free lentil chili and a street festival, Saturday comes with a parade down Main Street and a party at the park. I have been going to the lentil festival for as long as I can remember, some years more involved than others. Once year my cheerleader friends asked me to dress up in the greyhound mascot costume for the parade another year I helped host visiting cities as a Jr. Miss. alternate. All in all I love lentils and the lentil festival. This was Kent's second year and he seemed to enjoy it, Ammon just enjoys the free cotton candy.



Thanks firefighters for the hat...


and helping letting me dress up!


In front of the lentil train, believe it or not I rode this train all over Washington and Canada representing Pullman and the National Lentil Festival.


Like father like son


Clapping at the parade

And for ol' time sake...


Stirring the lentil chili years ago as a Jr. Miss


With Tase T. Lentil

2 comments:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I love it!! I'm sure growing up in Pullman that the lentil festival was great!! Not every town has a fun celebration like that. We sure had fun with it while we were there!!

Unknown said...

LeAnn! I didn't even recognize you until I saw the pictures "for ol' times sake". This showed up on my google alerts as the Director of the Lentil Festival. This is Mary (Barstow, formerly) your co-Fair royalty. My, that was a long time ago. Glad to see you are doing well!