Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Kent turned 3!

Back in June, Kent celebrated his 3rd birthday.  We didn't plan on doing much but it ended up both sets of grandparents, one set of great-grandparents, and 3 cousins were in town (thanks to Ragnar) so we decided to gather at the park for sandwiches and cake. My mom and I decided it would be easiest to buy a cake from Costco just plainly frosted and then decorate it ourselves.  I think it turned out well.  I couldn't convince my mom to do the intricate cakes she used to do for us as kids, but I did convince her to do a majority of it, minus the letters and dog paws which I contributed. Of course this didn't happen on his real birthday.  On that day we took him to get donuts and let him open a few presents in the morning, then during the day my friend and I took the kids canoeing.  He opened the rest of the presents from us that night. 


A happy birthday greeting from cousin Cade!


We go to my great-aunts house most every Sunday. The Sunday before Kent's birthday we made dog bone cookies to celebrate.


Addy didn't hold back.

 

Donuts and presents in the morning.


Thanks for the books Auntie Sarah!


Canoeing during the day.


Kent and his best friend Abby hanging out on his birthday.


Presents


This is how we open presents when no one is there on his real birthday.


More presents when Grandma and Grandpa Udy came.


Happy Birthday Mater was a hit.


Look at her go.  I recall quite a few swear words when she used to do this when I was a kid, but she obviously has since cleaned up her act, cause she was quite a pleasant and helpful cake decorator.


Weird smile from the birthday boy.


We even got him a pinata for him to hit open.


Putting together some birthday puzzles with Grandma.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I love the doggy theme! So cute. What a big boy!

Phill and Jessica said...

That's still pretty intricate on the cake Nanners! Give your mom a little credit. Of course Julie, I do remember those amazing cakes you would make for LeAnn's birthdays. I feel like I remember one where Minnie Mouse was talking on the phone. Ahhhh, good times. Awesome cakes at LeAnn's and musical chairs at Jess's. Hehehe!